KNOWN ISSUES: 1) You must manually update to the newer touchscreen driver when doing an install over the top of an older version. You must follow steps 8-15 under "how to use" to resolve this. 2) Installation cannot be completely silent (you will be prompted when it finds the COM port and it pops up a configuration screen at the end.
We are actively working with Touchkit on both issues and expect resolution soon.
HOW TO USE:
1. Download the .EXE file to a directory on your hard drive.
2. Execute the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions.
3. After the files are unpacked, the setup program will NOT run automatically. The setup program (setup.exe) is located in the download directory for you to run.
4. If this is a fresh install (i.e. no older version installed), skip to step 6.
5. Before installing the driver you will need to uninstall the existing driver. To do this, run the setup.exe for the new driver and reboot after it uninstalls the older driver
6. Run Setup.exe in the download directory and follow on screen instructions. See Notes below.
7. If this is a fresh install (i.e. no older version was previously installed), you are done, otherwise complete steps 8 - 15.
8. Right click on My Computer and select properties.
9. Click on the hardware tab
10. Click the device manager button to open device manager
11. Expand the "Mice and other pointing devices section
12. Right click on "Serial Touchscreen Controller(Professional)" and select "update driver..."
13. Select "No, not this time" and click next.
14. Leave the default ("Install the software automatically") selected and click next.
15. Click finish.
1. During setup leave all the defaults selected.
2. When asked to calibrate it is suggested to do so.
3. If you wish to get rid of the mouse application that shows up after install, right click on the TouchKit icon in the task bar icon tray and select to "Display Button" option to uncheck it.
4. If you wish to turn on / off the beep on touch feature you can do so by right clicking on the touchkit icon in the task bar icon tray and selecting the appropriate options under "Beep".
Copyright (c) 2007 General Dynamics Itronix Corporation. Download